|France (Mérignac), March 22nd 2021 – PNY announces the launch of XLR8 CS3140 M.2 NVMe Gen4 x4 Solid State Drive, the “CS3140”, delivering speeds never seen before. PNY’s quest to continuously deliver cutting-edge technology for the most demanding applications has led to the development of the company’s fastest M.2 NVMe SSD yet. The CS3140 sets new standards that enable 4K and 8K content creators, high-intensive application users, gamers, and others to experience a whole new level of speed, performance, and productivity.
Optimized for the latest NVMe Gen 4.0 protocol, which continues to gain adoption from motherboard manufacturers and users, the CS3140 delivers outstanding sequential speeds of up to 7,500MB/s read and up to 6,850MB/s write speeds, redefining possibilities and paving the road to a whole new world of content creation, gaming, and so much more.
Raw performance is not the only focus with the CS3140. Utilizing a 12-nanometer manufacturing process, it also delivers greater power efficiency, which is critical for both desktop and laptop applications, enabling the drive to deliver greater performance while generating less heat; allowing desktops to run cooler and laptops to have longer battery lives.
The CS3140 is available in two versions: a non-heatsink version for laptops and desktops with space constraints and a version with a 45-gram extruded aluminum heatsink responsible for absorbing and dissipating some of the heat produced by such fast speeds, high-intensive applications, and sustained workloads. Eight individual vertical fins provide a larger heatsink surface area while optimizing airflow and heat dissipation.
The PNY XLR8 CS3140 M.2 NVMe Gen4 x4 Solid State Drive delivers speeds never seen before, provides optimal thermal dissipation, adds impressive storage of up to 2TBs, and offers great aesthetics so that you can look good as you experience world-leading performance.
• Speed of up to 7,500MB/s Seq. Read and 6,850MB/s Seq. Write
• Enhanced bandwidth that allows for extreme performance and low latency, making it superior to SATA and NVMe Gen 3 based SSDs
• Extruded Aluminum Heat sink on select models
• Lower power consumption that results in greater energy efficiency
• Greater endurance due to the drive’s ability to withstand extreme conditions and to retain data even when dropped.
• PNY XLR8 CS3140 M.2 NVMe Gen4 x4 Solid State Drive
· PCIe 4.0 interface (NVMe Gen4 x4), supports NVMe 1.4
· Form Factor: M.2 2280
· Speed: up to 7,500MB/s Read and up to 6,850MB/s1 Write (vary by model)
· Capacities: 1TB and 2TB2
· Warranty: 5 Year
· The CS3140 is available via our partners and Amazon
|About PNY Technologies
Founded in 1985 in the United States, with a European head office in Mérignac, PNY celebrates over 35 years of success as a provider of electronic solutions for several high growth markets, making it a unique player in this market.
As a long-standing leader in the field of memory, the company is active on the photography, video and cellular telephone markets, providing comprehensive flash memory cards solutions and accessories.
For over 15 years, PNY has fostered a special partnership with NVIDIA and supplies the latest GPU technologies for the embedded and gaming markets, as well as professional applications in the medical, aeronautical, automotive and other fields.
More recently, PNY’s professional applications department has developed their range to offer high added value solutions in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, making it one of the major players in the industry.
The company employs 150 people in Mérignac and is present in 50 countries around the world, generating 85% of its turnover on the international market.
1. Sequential read and write data transfer rates based on PNY internal testing using an NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 host device; slower performance is expected when equipped in PCIe Gen3 x4 host devices. Performance may vary depending upon drive capacity, host device, OS and application.
2. For Flash Media Devices, 1 megabyte = 1 million bytes; 1 gigabyte = 1 billion bytes. Actual useable capacity may vary. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus is not available for data storage.
Speed claim based on comparison with top similar products in marketplace as of the date of this press release