- Mac OS X 10.6.5 or later with MacPro3,1, MacPro4,1 or MacPro5,1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit and 32-bit) through Boot Camp
- Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit and 32-bit) through Boot Camp
- Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit and 32-bit) through Boot Camp
3D Graphics Architecture
- Scalable geometry architecture
- Hardware tessellation engine
- NVIDIA® GigaThread™ engine with dual copy engines
- Shader Model 5.0 (OpenGL 4.0 and DirectX 11)
- Optimized compiler for Cg and Microsoft HLSL
- Up to 16K x16K texture and render processing
- Transparent multisampling and super sampling
- 16x angle independent anisotropic filtering
- 128-bit floating point performance
- 32-bit per-component floating point texture filtering and blending
- 64x full scene antialiasing (FSAA)
- Decode acceleration for MPEG-2, MPEG-4 Part 2 Advanced Simple Profile, H.264, MVC, VC1, DivX (version 3.11 and later), and Flash (10.1 and later)
- Blu-ray dual-stream hardware acceleration (supporting HD picture-in-picture playback)
NVIDIA CUDA Parallel Processing Architecture
- API support includes:
CUDA C, CUDA C++, DirectCompute 5.0, OpenCL, Java, Python, and Fortran
- NVIDIA® Parallel DataCache™ hierarchy (configurable L1 and unified L2 caches)
- 64 KB of RAM (configurable partitioning of shared memory and L1 cache)
- Full IEEE 754-2008 - 32-bit and high performance 64-bit double precision
- Dual Warp Scheduler (schedules and dispatches simultaneously instructions from two independent warps)
Advanced Display Features
- Support for any combination of two connected displays
- Single DisplayPort (up to 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz and 1920x1200 @ 120Hz)
- Dual-link DVI-I output (up to 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz and 1920x1200 @ 120Hz)
- Internal 400 MHz DAC DVI-I output (analog display up to 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz)
- DisplayPort to VGA, DisplayPort to DVI (single-link and dual-link) and DisplayPort to HDMI cables (resolution support based on dongle specifications) - Available in option
- DisplayPort 1.1a, HDMI 1.3a, and HDCP support
- 10-bit internal display processing
- 3D DLP, Interleaved, and other 3D stereo format support
- Full OpenGL quad buffered stereo support
- Underscan/overscan compensation and hardware scaling
DisplayPort and HDMI Digital Audio
- Support for the following audio modes:
Dolby Digital (AC3), DTS 5.1, Multi-channel (7.1) LPCM, Dolby Digital Plus (DD+), andMPEG-2/MPEG-4 AAC
- Data rates of 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz, 176 KHz, and 192 KHz
- Word sizes of 16-bit, 20-bit, and 24-bit
Next-Generation NVIDIA CUDA™ Architecture
Breakthrough NVIDIA Fermi architecture incorporates CUDA parallel computing capabilities and advanced visualization to deliver performance that greatly accelerates professional workflows.
NVIDIA Scalable Geometry Engine™
Dramatically improves geometry performance across a broad range of CAD, DCC and medical applications, enabling you to work interactively with models and scenes that are an order of magnitude more complex than ever before.
Large Framebuffers with Ultra-Fast Bandwidth
Large GPU memory with fast bandwidth for accelerating the display of complex models and scenes, as well as performing complex computation on large datasets.
NVIDIA Parallel DataCache™
Supports a true cache hierarchy combined with on-chip shared memory. L1 and L2 caches drive exceptional throughput, accelerating features such as real-time ray tracing, physics and texture filtering.
NVIDIA GigaThread™ Engine
Provides up to 10x faster context switching compared to previous generation architectures, concurrent kernel execution, and improved thread block scheduling.
Fast 3D Texture Transfer
Fast transfer and manipulation of 3D textures resulting in more interactive visualization of large volumetric datasets.
Hardware 3D Window Clipping
Hardware accelerated clip regions (data transfer mechanism between a window and the frame buffer) improve overall graphics performance by increasing transfer speed between color buffer and frame buffer.
Full-Scene Antialiasing (FSAA)
Up to 64X FSAA dramatically reduces visual aliasing artifacts or “jaggies,” resulting in unparalled image quality and highly realistic scenes.
GPU Tessellation with Shader Model 5.0
Quadro Tessellation Engines automatically generates finely detailed geometry, for cinematic quality environments and scenes, without sacrificing performance.
16K Texture and Render Processing
The ability to texture from and render to 16K x 16K surfaces. Beneficial for applications that demand the highest resolution and quality image processing.
NVIDIA High Precision High Dynamic Range (HDR) Technology
Sets new standards for image clarity and quality through floating point capabilities in shading, filtering, texturing, and blending. Enables unprecedented rendered image quality for visual effects processing.
High-Quality Display Connectors
Drives ultra-high-resolution panels, producing phenomenal photorealistic image quality from a range of display connectors. Support two active connectors including, dual-link DVI with up to 3840 x 2400 @ 24Hz on each panel, DisplayPort with up to up to 2560 x 1600, or HDMI for integrated audio and video thru the GPU.
OpenGL Quad Buffered Stereo Support
OpenGL Quad Buffered Stereo offers professional applications the capability of smooth and immersive 3D Stereo experience.
3D Stereo Synchronization
Enables robust control of stereo effect through a dedicated 3-pin mini-din connection between the graphics card and 3D stereo hardware. Support via additional 3-pin mini din connector.
Programming the CUDA Parallel Computing Architecture
General purpose GPU computing using standard programming languages like C/C++ and Fortran, and emerging APIs such as OpenCL and Direct Compute. This broad adoption of CUDA is accelerating techniques like ray tracing, video and image processing, and computation fluid dynamics.
Programmable GPU leverages Cg high-level, open-standard shading language to enable the creation and integration of real-time photorealistic effects into 3D models, scenes and designs.
Accelerated performance for Microsoft Windows professional applications
Experience native Quadro® GPU accelerated 3D graphics performance and features when using Apple Boot Camp
PCI Express 2.0 Compliant
Doubles the data transfer rate up to 5 GT/sec per lane for an aggregate bandwidth of 16 GB/sec bi-directional (8 GB/sec in each direction).
Acoustics lower than 28db for an ultra-quiet desktop environment.
- Quadro 4000 for Mac professional graphics board
- DisplayPort to DVI adapter
- DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort adapter
- DVI to VGA adapter
- Auxiliary power connector cable
- Additional bracket 3D Stereo connector
- Software Installation CD
- Quick Start Guide PDF
- Installation Guide PDF
SKUs and EAN
- Retail: VCQ4000MAC-PB
- EAN: 3536403338855
- Bulk (unit SKU, only sold by carton of 10 cards): VCQ4000MACBLK-1