GPU-ACCELERATED FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Import Formats
Import the most common video formats for editing in Adobe Premiere Pro. Supported formats include: AVCHD, MOV, MPG, HDV, MTS, M2TS, and TS.
- Output Video
Render and encode H.264/AVC video to high and main profiles for Adobe Flash and Blu-ray disc and to baseline profile for Adobe Flash and portable media players.
- Easy Installation
Elemental Accelerator installs quickly and easily as a plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4.
- Video Rendering/Encoding: H.264/AVC
High and main profile for Adobe Flash and Blu-ray
Baseline profile for Adobe Flash and portable devices
- Video Conversion:
Linear up and down scaling
Aspect ratio conversion
Frame rate conversion
- Audio Encoding:
- Minimum System Requirements for Elemental Accelerator for Mac
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 for Mac
MacPro3,1 or MacPro4,1or later
Mac OS X 10.5.7 or greater
Premiere Pro CS4 v126.96.36.199 or greater
Adobe Media Encoder version 188.8.131.52 or greater
Access to the Internet for product activation
QUADRO FX 4800 FOR MAC FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
1.5 GB GDDR3 GPU Memory with Ultra Fast Memory Bandwidth
Massive 1.5GB frame buffer and memory bandwidth up to 76.8 GB/sec. delivers high throughput for interactive visualization of large models and high-performance for real time processing of large textures and frames and enables the highest quality and resolution full-scene antialiasing (FSAA).
128-Bit Precision Graphics Pipeline
Enables sophisticated mathematical computations to maintain high accuracy, resulting in unmatched visual quality. Full IEEE 32-bit floating-point precision per color component (RGBA) delivers millions of color variations with the broadest dynamic range.
64-Bit Floating Point Precision
Sets new standards for image clarity and quality through 64-bit floating point capabilities in shading, filtering, texturing, and blending. Enables unprecedented rendered image quality for visual effects processing.
Advanced Color Compression, Early Z-Cull
Improved pipeline color compression and early z-culling to increase effective bandwidth and improve rendering efficiency and performance.
Cg High-Level Graphics Shader Language
Cg—“C” for graphics—is a high-level, open-standard programming language for OpenGL that takes advantage of the power of programmable GPUs. Quadro programmable graphics pipelines leverage high-level shading languages to enable the creation and integration of real-time photorealistic effects into 3D models, scenes, and designs.
Full-Scene Antialiasing (FSAA)
Up to 32x FSAA dramatically reduces visual aliasing artifacts or “jaggies” resulting in highly realistic scenes.
NVIDIA® CUDA™ Architecture
A parallel computing processor architecture exposed through a C language environment and tool suite in combination with high performance visualization, CUDA unleashes new capabilities to solve highly complex challenges such as real-time ray tracing, video encoding, and interactive volume rendering.
Hardware-Accelerated Pixel Read-Back
Up to 2.4GB/sec pixel read-back performance delivers massive host throughput.
Highest Workstation Application Performance
Next-generation architecture enables over 2x improvement in geometry and fill rates with the industry’s highest performance for professional CAD, DCC, and scientific applications.
High-Performance Display Outputs
400MHz RAMDACs and two dual-link DVI digital connectors drive the highest resolution digital displays available on the market.
8K Texture and Render Processing
The ability to texture from and render to 8K x 8K surfaces. Beneficial for applications that demand the highest resolution and quality image processing. Next-Generation Vertex and Pixel Programmability Shader Model 4.0 Reference standard for Shader model 4.0 enabling a higher level of performance and realistic effects for OpenGL and next generation DirectX 10 (via Boot Camp) industry-leading professional applications.
NVIDIA High Precision High Dynamic Range (HDR) Technology
Sets new standards for image clarity and quality through floating point capabilities in shading, filtering, texturing, and blending. Enables unprecedented rendered image quality for visual effects processing.
NVIDIA® PureVideo® HD Technology
PureVideo technology is the combination of high-definition video processors and software that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for SD and HD video content. Features include, high-quality scaling, spatial temporal de-interlacing, inverse telecine, and high quality HD video playback from Blu-ray discs.
NVIDIA Unified GPU Architecture
Industry’s first unified architecture designed to dynamically allocate compute, geometry, shading and pixel processing power to deliver optimized GPU performance.
PCI Express 2.0 Compliant
Doubles the data transfer rate up to 5 GT/sec per lane for an aggregate bandwidth of 16 GB/sec bi-directional (8 GB/sec in each direction).
Professional 3D Stereo Solutions
Professional 3D Stereo Solutions enables robust control of stereo effect through a dedicated 3-pin mini-din connection between the graphics card and 3D stereo hardware.
Run Microsoft Windows with GPU Acceleration
Experience full, native Quadro 3D features and application performance when using Boot Camp to run Windows on a Mac Pro.
Ultra Quiet Design
Engineered to deliver high performance with low acoustics for a quiet desktop environment.
- Physical dimensions: ATX form factor, 4.36 inches x 10.5 inches, dual slot
- Frame buffer memory: 1.5GB GDDR3
- Memory interface: 384-bit
- Memory bandwidth: 76.8GB/sec
- Maximum power consumption: 150W
- Graphics bus: PCI Express Gen 2 x16
- Display connectors: DVI-I + DVI-I + Stereo
- Dual-link DVI: Yes (2)
- Auxiliary power connectors: Yes (1), 6-pin
- Number of slots: 2
- Thermal solution: Active fansink
- OpenGL 2.1 under Mac OS X
- OpenGL 3.0 and DirectX 10 under Windows (Boot Camp)
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 for Mac Architecture
- 128-bit color precision
- Unlimited fragment instruction
- Unlimited vertex instruction
- 3D volumetric texture support
- Hardware accelerated antialiased points and lines
- Hardware OpenGL overlay planes
- Hardware accelerated two-sided lighting
- Hardware accelerated clipping planes
- 3rd generation occlusion culling
- Window ID clipping functionality
- Hardware accelerated line stippling
- Full Shader Model 4.0 (OpenGL 3.0/DirectX 10 class)
- Long fragment programs (unlimited instructions)
- Long vertex programs (unlimited instructions)
- Looping and subroutines (up to 256 loops per vertex program)
- Dynamic flow control
- Conditional execution
High Level Shader Languages
- Optimized complier for Cg
- OpenGL 3.0 and DirectX 10 support
- Open source compiler
- Rotated Grid Full-Scene Antialiasing (RG FSAA)
- 32x FSAA dramatically reduces visual aliasing artifacts or “jaggies” at resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
Display Resolution Support
- Dual dual-link DVI-I outputs drives a digital display at resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz
- Internal 400 MHz DAC drives one analog display at resolutions up to 2048 x 1536 at 85Hz
- Quadro FX 4800 For Mac graphics board
- Two DVI to VGA adapters
- Auxiliary power connector cable
- Software Installation CD
- Quick Start Guide
- Registration Card
- Installation Guide (PDF)
- Elemental Accelerator 1.2 for Mac (CD + installation guide + Activation Key)
- Model Identifier: MacPro3,1 or MacPro4,1 or later – Note: MacPro1,1 and MacPro2,1 are not compatible
Minimum System Requirements
- Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later
- Intel Xeon® processor or higher
- 2GB RAM or higher
- Dual slot with one (1) open PCI Express x16 slot
SKUs and EAN
- Retail: VCQFX4800MACELAC-PB
- EAN: 3536403337339